Legal Services Support Team

Notary Services and Powers of AttorneyFamily Law/Domestic RelationsEstate PlanningLandlord/TenantTax CenterMilitary Rights and BenefitsConsumer LawCitizenship/Immigration

MCAS Miramar Free Tax Center


*The IRS will not be accepting tax returns until January 30th 2013 after updating forms and completing programming and testing of its processing systems.

From 7 February through 15 April 2013, the specially-trained Marines at the MCAS Miramar Free Tax Center will offer state and federal tax return filing services free of charge to all retired and active duty personnel and their dependents. Our hours will be established at a later date.

Our office hours are:  Monday – Friday 0800 – 1600                                      


What you must have when you come to the Tax Center:

• Your Military/Retiree/Dependant ID

• Your Social Security card

• Date of Birth and Social Security card of any dependent (e.g., spouse, children)

• Social Security number or Employer Identification Number of any day care provider, the provider's address, and the total amount paid to the provider

• If you are married and filing jointly with your spouse (recommended), you must bring a power of attorney authorizing you to file on your spouse's behalf

• 2011 tax return (not mandatory unless you itemized)


Any and all of the following 2012 TAX FORMS issued to you, and if filing jointly, to your spouse:

• W-2 (wages received)

• 1099-INT (interest received)

• 1099-MISC (miscellaneous income received, e.g., self-employment, rental property), with list of expenses, if applicable

• 1099-DIV (dividends and profits from stock and mutual funds)

• 1099-B: (proceeds from sale or transfer of stock)

• 1099-R: (pension, annuity, IRA-related funds)

Additionally, if you would like your refund directly deposited or your amount owed automatically withdrawn from your bank account, you must also have:

• Your bank name and routing number

• Your bank account number (The easiest method is to bring a check or deposit slip.)

For Married Taxpayers:

If filing jointly with your spouse, (s)he need not be present, but you must bring the power of attorney mentioned above (either the one located here, or an appropriate special power of attorney for tax purposes) . Also, if you are filing separate from your spouse, you must have your spouse's Social Security card, and know whether (s)he has already filed.

Note: There are some returns that will be out of the scope of the Miramar Tax Center (i.e. some business tax, etc). If that is the case with your tax return we will advise you to seek professional help such as a paid tax preparer.